1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for belt on '59 int dozer????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snow7899, Nov 6, 2009.

1. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have a dozer in our yard that needs a alt belt (generator). Its a international T340 with a gas C135 4cyl motor. I cannot find any online parts for it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Pull the belt, hit up the local auto parts store, or if you have an equipment store near by, they have belt measurers so you can figure out what size and shape and what not. Even if they do not most usually let you behind the counter and let you go through the belts till you have a good match

3. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Thats the problem. I have the belt,only short pieces, it was shredded.

4. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

I had that happen before, best thing to do, and I know is sounds crazy but it works. Is measure the depth of the slot in the pully, and then the width of the slot. Then Get some string, or even rope, and make a belt out of it to get the size you need, You might have to buy a couple of sizes in the range because it will be a little different than the rope or string, but if you buy a couple in that range you can return the ones that do nto work, then once you found it, keep the part number, also buy a back up. do not buy a lot of them because they will dry out.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I was in Napa yesterday, they have some "adjustable" belts. Comes on a roll, like little links. Cut to length, snap it together. Looks like pretty tough stuff. They said it is all the offshore fisherman use on their reefers and such.

6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Napa came through for me. Thanks Joe in Salem Mass.

7. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

Did you get the adjustable stuff or measure it out? Just curious