1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for axle

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MTBlazer89, Feb 1, 2003.

1. MTBlazer89

MTBlazer89 Junior Member

Hey everyone new here. I was wondering under what vehicles would I find a 14 Bolt semi floating axle with 6 lugs? Also what gearing came in these axles? Thanks everyone

Brian

2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

your refering to a 10.5" 14 bolt full floater.

this axle only came in eight lug.

you can find them in one ton pickups and dumps, and some 3/4 ton suburbans

3. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

GM I take it

A GM 3/4 ton light duty six lug . The tow pakage is what you may being looking for I guess.

4. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

oops, sorry i read the post wrong.

that axle is a 9.5" 14 bolt.

mostly eight lug, though i have seen them in six lug in some 88 to 96 or so 3/4 ton pickups, with the lighter gvwr.

and welcome to plowsite!:waving:

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Re: GM I take it

I think all 3/4 tons were 8 bolt,LD's getting the semi-floating rear,and HD and one tons got the full floater.

I think it was only the heavy half tons that came with a six bolt pattern,but you couldn't get the 14 bolt in a half ton.

You might have to switch 8 bolt wheels to run a 14 bolt rear.It's simple to convert the front diff to 8 bolt.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Light duty 3/4s came with 6 lugs, PM John DiMartino,he knows these things inside out.
    Dino

7. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

I spent quite a bit of time looking at that swap for my K10. They came in some extended cab 1/2 tons (not sure what the option was), and light duty 3/4 tons. Most common are 3.73 rear end ratios, but 4.10 and 3.42 are around also.

Marcus