1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for anyone running a Snow Ex sp7550

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRL1, Nov 30, 2015.

1. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

For anyone who has a snow ex sp 7550 could you please help me out. I bought this unit new and im really not impressed, after multiple calls to snow ex tech and too many trips to the dealer that pretty much refuses to help me im looking for your insight on this unit. What type of material your running through this how fast its feeding material problem codes ect.

My test before i think i fixed it was with the spinner removed and timing how long it took to fill up a 5 gallon bucket. Previously i could fill the bucket in about 40-50 seconds now that i have removed all but the inverted v baffle i can fill the bucket in under 10 seconds with the same material.

So my question to you guys is what type of material are you all running? im running strictly salt sand, the sand is a chipped granite and works alot better as far as freezing and clogging up.
    and how fast are you driving when salting lots.

Really any insight would be helpful to me because i am about ready to get rid of this unit and get something i know will work.

Thank you for your help.

2. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Here is a pic of the material

Here ya go

IMG_4990.JPG

3. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

4. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

We have three and run mostly bulk salt, speed is 10-20kmph and auger set around 35 most of the time.

That mix looks awfully wet, any time we have run wet material it has tended to cause a problem.

5. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Yea the material is a little wet. My auger can't go below 99 or I can't drive over 2mph

6. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

Vibrator running?

7. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Yes before I removed the baffles it wouldn't shake any material down to the auger channel

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So the vibrator didn't really work?

Either you need a bigger vibrator, another vibrator, or dry material.

And in your video I didn't even hear it running. Anytime your running the Salter the vibrator needs to be on.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  9. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

The vibrator works great after I removed the baffles it shook material down right away with the same material. Actually with a lot if snow in the box because it was at the dealer and they just left it there with no tarp covering it. So on my test with the baffles removed there was a lot more water in the material. Even enough to look like muddy soup.