1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for anyone having problems with salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Scott's, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I know there is a thread in the other section but I would like to get other info from others that might not read the other section.

I bought the new salt dog tgs06 and I am having a few problems and cant get my dealer or rep to call me back.

The problems I am having

*salt lost is very high,* latch is very tight needs 2 people to load salt or you need to get out of bed close the door and get back in to latch it. * Lid lets water and snow in salt( no seal can look straight thru to the other side. *Shoots salt straight up onto hoods of cars. *controller is junk (have to hit button 4-6 times to get it to work.

Did I mention this thing dumps salt like mad ( open gate and then run like mad to avoid loosing to much money .

I know others are having problems but just how many? Anyone have any fixes for some of these problems?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy a better quality unit
  3. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

great answer