1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for antique Jeep Street Sweeper

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fcjunkie, Jan 6, 2009.

1. fcjunkie

fcjunkie Junior Member

I'm looking for a Mobil 1 Street sweeper that was fitted on a Jeep Forward Control FC-170 chassis. Here is a link to a picture of the vehicle. A $100 finders fee for the right lead.

fc sweeper.jpg
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Plowsite...not Sweepersite...bad first post!
  3. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

:D:D:D I was thinking the same thing

This forum is for sharing pics of your equipment, vehicles, etc. If you do not have pictures to post, you are looking for advice/suggestions, seeking information etc., etc. then please post your thread in the correct forum and NOT within this forum.

Thanks all
    Michael J. Donovan
    Manager of PlowSite.com
  4. fcjunkie

fcjunkie Junior Member

Sorry, I did a google search for the sweeper and your forum came up with a hit. Someone had posted earlier about a sweeper and when I viewed your forum I saw the discusson was on plows but thought that some might deal in other workplace equiptment. Sorry for the confusion.

5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

The guy did have a pic posted and there is a sweeper thread on here.
  6. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

Don't jump all over him as soon as he posts...

Don't you need a sweeper to clean your lots in the spring? Someone has to clean the sand up after the winter right?
  7. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

hey thats a cool sweeper...i also love those FC's

never knew they came with euipment like that

wow guys....way to greet a newbie here...gotta give ya two thumbs up for that
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

that thing would be awsome if you could add a plow
  9. fcjunkie

fcjunkie Junior Member

Here's one that's more season related. I bet this old FC took every bit of power it had to push this unit!

terry Dow FC-170 plow.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  10. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

wow, that could be a twin to one here in town, this guys got 2 FC's sitting in his yard
    one has a vee on it, not sure about a dump bed though, and the other is just a pick-up

i dont imagine parts are to availible for those anymore ???

makes me think i should stop and throw some cash in his face...hmmmmmmm
  11. greenred

greenred Member

Wow that is really awesome looking. Wish I could help you with your search. I love oddball vehicles like that street sweeper. If you find one it would be awesome to pics of its current condition.

If you dont mind me asking why are you interested in this particular type of Street Sweeper? I imagine they are quite rare.
  12. fcjunkie

fcjunkie Junior Member

Ugly is in!

I've been collecting Forward Control Jeeps for over 20 years now and just like the overall funkyness of the truck. They were produced from 1956 through 1965 and even though they were low geared and underpowered, they made great snow plow vehicles. The cabover design made it a natural for pushing snow and many ended up pulling double duty as service station rigs. I know most of you guys are doing this as a living but some of us do it just for fun. Here's a picture of my buddy with a "FC Action Shot." When the little FC can't handle the drifts, back into them with the blower! If you like what you see here, you might want to check out my web site. http://thefcconnection.com/

Dan DeVries FC blower.jpg
  13. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I looked through everything on your site. I hope to have the space and money to play with my projects like that. Very nice!
  14. greenred

greenred Member

That is a awesome site FC.

The Rollergon Articulated FC Jeep in picture of the week is pretty damn awesome. I love Odd Ball Vehicles, the more oddball the better.
  15. gutter21

gutter21 Member

are all u fing kiding.....peolple are looking for information......this whole site is a bunch of wackers......when people look for help, help them out.......GROW UP to all u wanna be men.......every post i read is a joke......i come here for some information ,,,,,some members have it.....some just post what they bought some new machines and they are losers......f me
  16. panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

Man, you guys got to cut the guy some slack I think he brought a pretty cool piece of equiptment to the front. Relax and dont be so uptight.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

dam you guys the plowsite gestappo, let me zee your papers.snell.
  18. gutter21

gutter21 Member

im in the guys favor who posted the pic........there are people on this site that act like babies ......
  19. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i wouldnt say "babies"....i'd say more like "holier then thou"
  20. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm with the jeep guy that posted....this site has more rules than the government.