1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for an old plow truck in Central Maine

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm looking for a plow truck in Central Maine. It doesn't need to take a sticker I just need to plow my own driveway. I would like to buy a 1/2 ton 1987 or older Chevy or GMC with a 7.5' or 8' Fisher plow. It must run and work well. I have ca$h. I will buy a Ford or Dodge if it's a good deal.
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

heres one:)

old plow.jpg
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Try the used plow thread further down on the page.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'll take it......:waving:

nice m37:nod:
  5. Mustang1970

Mustang1970 Junior Member
    from Maine

just noticed a neighbor selling his older chevy with a fisher.. it's in Gardiner
  6. gwnorth23

gwnorth23 Junior Member
    from Maine

Check out Maine Craigslist, I just did a quick search under the Cars & Trucks using the keyword "plow" and came up with a couple of pages of results. I have used Craigslist for everything from Outboards, my plow, kids stuff, skis etc and I think it usually has a good selection of everything.
  7. TEX

TEX Senior Member

2nd that craigs list is great
  8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you know how much he wants?
  9. Mustang1970

Mustang1970 Junior Member
    from Maine

no I don't. however I was up in North Anson yesterday and on my drive up I saw a couple "yard" trucks on 104/139 in Fairfield.

if you were heading toward Waterville on 139/104 it was on the left up on a hill in someone's front yard with a for sale sign in front of it. just before 139 split's off toward the truck stop.