1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for an installer in MA

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by eric02038, Jan 14, 2011.

1. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

Looking for an installer for a strobe system around the Franklin MA area. I just purchased the system and I'm looking for someone to install it or help with the installation.

2. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Go see Paul over at Bellingham Police, Fire, and EMS Supply, S.Main St Bellingham. He can put you in touch with Dana who does instals.

3. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

My buddy does installs in Westport MA not sure if thats close enough for you?

4. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

Any idea what he charges?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you have the kit and a switch typically it would be about 200 bucks or so.

6. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

I do have the Kit. You can PM their phone number, I like to get these installed ASAP

7. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Give him a call 508-636-3880 his name is Paul.

8. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

im in bellingham you have a shop let me know what you have and want to do

9. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

No shop but big 3 car garage and all possible tools

10. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

ok what are you installing year make model need some info

11. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

give me a call if easier I will pm my #

12. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Camro. I told to ya about the HID conversion for my older style Fisher lights. Wanted to know what you would want to charge me to install a set. I will buy the DDM lights, which is i believe what you installed from on of your post with pictures of the install. I am assuming get the Slim Ballasts. Then just let me know what size from the 3 i have to choose from on the Headlight assembly to hold the HIDs. Then just give me a quote on installing them

I may also have another install job if interested. Just let me know.

Also we have had snow like crazy this year. So what are your opinion of the HIDs in the older lights ? How did they handle with the vibrations ? Any pictures of the light output ?

Thanks ! Thumbs Up

13. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

My shop is in Rehoboth, if you are still looking for an installer.

14. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

so how did you make out with the install??

15. tacticool4

tacticool4 Junior Member

Led installer

Looking for an installer closer to the South Shore...

16. tomx20

tomx20 Member

Theres a guy in Franklin at colligan landscaping who does installs. I don't know what he charges because he would never returned my call. I went to the Strobesnmore store in RI because I wanted a reputable place. I ended up paying like $350 for the install of 4 strobes. Was more than I was looking to spend but at least now I know that it was done right.

The guy in rehoboth might be worth a shot. He sounds pretty reputable. I just didn't go to him because I thought the quote was expensive but now that I think about it, it probably would have cost about the same.

17. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

THAT IS CRAZY!!!......
    4 corners NEVER cost more than 200 anywhere.....unless they are jacking you...

18. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

Thanks. I ended up installing them myself. Pretty easy, worst part was running the wires to the back lights. Everything you touch under the truck you get a face full of sand! Other than that 4 strobes took about 4 hours start to finish

19. tomx20

tomx20 Member

The lights are working great of course, I have no problem with the install. The pricing was just a little dumb if you asked me, and left me a little worked up.

The reason why it was so expensive was because they had to take the front bumper off to get the headlights out (which took approx 45 mins), then the installer started working on installing two tir3s on a LP bracket. When he got finished with that (approx 60-90 mins) I looked at it and thought the lights stuck out too much and it blocked the license plate so I really didn't like that and told him just to take them out. (I of course expected to get charged for that, it wasn't their fault I didn't like the way it ended up looking) The rest of the install was just drilling into the reverse lights, mounting my switches, installing an HID Kit, running the wires, and putting the bumper back on.

It also turned out to be more expensive because I was still getting charged for the time the installer took for a lunch break. Also, the owner of the shop worked on my car for a half hour, so I got charged for an additional half hour. I was told when I called that the shop rate was $55/hour, not $55/hr per person.

The last thing that contributed towards the hefty bill was paying for wire per foot. The thing that made me mad about that was that there was a lot of excess wire on the ground, which was just snipped because they took too much.

Needless to say the install was done right, but I do not think I would ever purchase anything from them again, or have anything installed there again--nor would I recommend for anyone else to.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  20. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

That's why you get a quote up front and make them stick to it.