1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for an inbed salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by danv, Feb 6, 2008.

1. danv

danv Junior Member

Good evening
    I have a unique situation. My truck with the plow fits in my garage with about 8" to spare. At this point I need to own a salt spreader. My problem is I need something that fits in the bed not off the back. It is ok if I have to pull it to the end when needed. I would also love to get something that has a shutoff on the bottom that operates from the cab.

What do you guys use and how well does it work?

thank you

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

All Salt Spreaders will have something that sticks off the back

3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I would recommend a salt dogg 1500. I have a 2000 model which sticks out further than the 1500, but the nice thing is you can remove the chute to get in your garage. This is my truck with the 2000. It is the same as a 1500 model but the 1500 will not extend past the rear bumper. The whole spinner assembly comes off with to pins and one electrical connection. Hope this helps.:waving:

DCP_1047.jpg

4. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Check out truckcraft in bed sander - looks like maybe 8" - or maybe the spinner can be removed??

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

If you can do with a hitch mounted spreader, my Snowex 575 goes on and off in less than a minute....

6. Capital Land

Capital Land Junior Member

Sno way makes a nice eletric V box with a removable drop. they are relativly light so you can slid it in your bed tight when you rnt salting and pull it back 8 " and put the drop spreader back on when snows on the way. your in upstate NY . if you are framiliar with troy NY howe brothers inc sells the salter at a reasonable price