1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for advise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ali, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ali

ali Junior Member

Hi guys , I'm new to the industry , I live in Toronto, Ontario ...have two truck stops and my son wants to do the landscaping and plowing for me .we need advise about the truck and other equipment , that we required ...our budget is not that high ,so I'm not looking for brand new stuff. thanks any help appreciated.

2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Welcome. How about some more information? Are the truck stops big ones? Like acres? If so you might need a loader or large tractor with push box. If not, possibly a 3/4 ton truck or larger with as wide a front blade as you can put on it. As far as what type of plow, do some research on what brands are sold/serviced nearby and if they are open during a storm for parts and support. If you are plowing/salting while the public is walking in and out and cars and trucks are moving about, make sure you have very visible safety lighting and a back up alarm on the truck or tractor. Are you going to salt? If so then a V box type salter in the back of the truck should work. You might be able to buy bulk salt nearby and have them load your truck as you need it. How is the snow/salt being handled now? Did you recently purchase the truck stops? Are the two truck stops close together? How about an aerial view? I don't know much about salt needed per square foot, or acre, but someone on here will. Good luck.