1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for advise on Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TruBlu, Sep 6, 2010.

1. TruBlu

TruBlu Junior Member

I currently have a 97 Chev 3/4T with a 8' Uni Mount Pro Plow, but just bought a new to me 2002 Ford 1T. I'm wondering how tough it will be to find a Uni Mount to fit the 02 truck, if it's possible to convert the current mount to the Chevy truck, or if I'd be better off just getting a new setup entirely. Is it possible to use the Uni Mount plow with a Ultra Mount? I thought maybe I'd seen something about a converter. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  2. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

You can get a converter. I think they run around 600.00. or you can do like I did and make your own for about 300.00. I did it for my 9'6" MVP on my 04 2500 hd silverado
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They're only like $300 new
  4. TruBlu

TruBlu Junior Member

Thanks guys. I'm looking at keeping the UniMount plow for now and getting the UltraMount and converter for my truck. Then in a few years I will look at getting a new to me UltraMount plow side. Only so many $$ to go around and I just spent most of them on this truck.