1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ChicagoPlower, Dec 8, 2006.

1. ChicagoPlower

ChicagoPlower Senior Member

We've added a good amount of accounts this year (about 75% of them after last weeks storm) and really could use a back-up plow truck. I'm strongly considering putting a plow on our 2000 3500HD 4x2 dump that we use for landscaping business instead of going out and buying another truck. My two main questions are these;1) if I load it up with a couple tons, how will it compare to a 4x4 plowing? 2)Because the 4x2 rides lower than the 4x4, is the front end going to be dipping too much, would timbrens be enough to raise it up?
    Thanks for any thoughts you guys have-

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

OK for flat work,could get stuck easy. Mine is 4x2 and I have a locker in the rear. Not enough traction for pushing up a drive from a stop at the bottom. Its a tank on flat work. Have to run chains in heavy snow or with freezing rain.