1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dpildner, Oct 23, 2004.

1. dpildner

dpildner Junior Member

:waving: Hi all,

While I have experience driving plow trucks for others, I am setting up a truck for myself for mostly residential use. I have a 03 1500HD Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 and have gotten the 7.5ft Meyers EZ-Mount Xpress installed on the truck. My question is how much front end drop should I expect (the book says the plow is around 800lbs). How much ballast should I run with?. Has anyone had any experience with this plow?.
    Thanks Dave.

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

800 pounds... impossible. My 7'6" Fisher RD is under 650. A Fisher 8'6" EZ-V is only 808. I get about an inch of drop with my Fisher on my 96 1500. I will run around 400 lbs of ballast this year.

3. dpildner

dpildner Junior Member

:confused: Hi,

In regards to the weight, in the Meyer's book the specifications for model
    AG-7.5 are as follows:

Weight - 765 lbs
    Height - 31.5 inches
    Length - 90 inches

I am assuming that that weight include the lightbar and all, possibly even the mount on the truck.