1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by kmccabe, Nov 13, 2013.

1. kmccabe

kmccabe Junior Member

I am looking at buying a Western plow for personal use and was looking for any advice you guys have. I have a 2007 3500 SRW quad cab long box dodge with the 5.9l. I was thinking about buying either a pro-plow series 2 or a pro plus 8.5 foot blade. I own a 5 acre acerage with a long driveway all gravel. My main concer is the weight of the blades. The pro-plow series 2 weighs 680 lbs and the pro plus weighs 820 lbs. Will I be happier with the extra weight to push down or is the extra weight unnessicary and will it just be harder on the front end of my truck? Any information you guys have would be helpful. I am only looking for information on Western plow because we only have Western plow dealer where I live. Thanks
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Goto the western forum. Theres a thread there all about this
  3. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

I may be wrong as I don't do gravel lots but would it really matter how much down force you have if you are using shoes?
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Down force, plow weight all matter. Or you can just "bump" up the plow from cutting into the gravel.