1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mjn500, Jan 4, 2001.

1. mjn500

mjn500 Junior Member

I had a ford exporer with a western 6.5 unimount plow which seemed to work pretty good other then blowing out the 4wd system. does anyone have any sugestions for a vehicle type, equipment (plow package) etc. I'm looking to continue doing local residential driveways only. I noticed today a ford excursion with a plow. anyone tried an expedition or excursion??

2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

An Excursion is based on the SuperDuty series and as such is the best SUV for snow removal.

It seems like you're limiting your options to a SUV.

My choice might be a Crew-Cab F-350 w/ a 6' bed.

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

F 150 Heavy Duty 7700 GVW extended cab.

Perfect truck for your market.

Just get the Heavy duty package, and you all set to plow.

Geoff

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I've heard S10 Blazers and Jeep Cherokee's/Wranglers are good for plowing residentials. I do a few with my truck, but I've found that the longer the truck, the harder it is to maneuver in and out of driveways. Stick with something small if you're gonna do driveways only...

-Tim

5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

My 1/2 ton ram extra cab plows better than my 1ton gm. Turns on dime and i believe it's the only 1/2 ton that has a plow prep package.