1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice on small LED flashers...

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fiveoboy01, Jan 26, 2011.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

I've got a Salt Dogg V-box spreader and I have it setup with two floodlights bolted to the rear. They are wired to a round 7-way plug that plugs into the truck receptacle and they come on when I put the truck in reverse.

I'd like to bolt up two small(3-5"?) amber LED strobes to the rear of it, and I would run the wiring to that same round plug, just wire them into the same circuit as the taillights so they come on when the lights are on.

What are your recommendations? I guess the only stipulation would be that they need to be 2-wire flashers so that they are simple to hook up. Also water/snowproof would be nice, as the back end of the truck always gets snow all over it.

As for the front I am considering two strobes in the grille of the truck too and those would be wired into one of my free upfitter switches in the cab(this is an '06 F250, two of the switches are in use). So any recommendations for those would be great.
  2. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

A few options. I Love using the sound off Products so I'l Recomend some of them. Something like a 4" round gen2 or 3 is a nice cheap easy way to get some light back there. and since they use DOT holes easy to mount or cut a whole for or buy a bracket. If you wanna go surface mount, something like the preditor or ghost series may suit you well. If you have any questions or wanna see something shoot me a pm, i could get some stuff together for you.
  3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i would use some surface mount code3 lights...they are like 35 each and no drilling holes just 2 self tapping screws...

easy to wire that also...you can find what you need in the used market also easily..

email me if ya need help......take a peek at :"reapers salter" i did...

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Hey I like that setup. I'm interested in the amber flashers and also the round LED spotlights, as I've seen a few of those on some other companies' trucks. I will shoot you an email for more info:)

Here's what I have now, two floodlights wired to come on with the reverse lights:

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i bought 4 of these: http://www.sirennet.com/gl4.html

two for my trucks back rack and 2 for my brothers.
    completely self contained, sealed etc...
    1 power wire, 1 ground, 1 flash pattern wire that you tap to change patterns and 1 sync wire if you want the two lights synced or alternating. that wire just gets attached to the power wire. so its a simple 2 wire hookup.
  6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member