1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for advice on Boss 8.2 V plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by AAJay, Oct 19, 2006.

1. AAJay

AAJay Junior Member

I have a 06 GMC 2500HD reg cab pickup. How well does it work with this truck? How would you rate this plow compared to others? Etc. Any feedback is appreciated!

2. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

I had the same plow on the Chevy version of your truck (still have the plow but new truck). It makes the front end squat down alot. You will need to turn the tosion bars uo to get some more height and get a set of timbrens to help out a little.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

If you do a search there's been alot of threads about the 8'2" V lately.

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing Junior Member

plow

buy a sno-way with down pressure and wireless control

5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

AAJay,
    Ive got this plow my 01 reg cab and it works great, it works well in every situation that its been it wheither it be residential or commerical. Very happy. Personally, this is the only plow that my company will buy right now for this size truck. But if you plan on doing alot of back dragging, get smart locks, its ALOT cheaper to get them new then to add them later. You can do a search too, theres alot of people that use this blade and can get more imput.

6. AAJay

AAJay Junior Member

Thanks for all the advise. I will be buying in the next two weeks.:waving: