1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a vibrator for my dumpbox

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FIREDUDE26, Jan 22, 2008.

1. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

Anyone have or use one? i would like to try one to get the salt out of the box easier. i am not sure what one to get? any ideas?

thanks ahead of time........................................

Rob

2. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Try this site out: http://www.angelos-supplies.com

I paid $129.95 each for both an 80lb and a 200lb spreader vibrator(s). Part number for the 200 is Z100412 and the 80 is Z100338 and shipping was only $15.38 for a grand total of $145.33 to my front door. Kits came with mounting hardware, wiring and switches. Save yourself a hundred dollars from others!!!

I installed a single 200lb on my 10' V box and would highly recommend it. I'm thinking about adding one to the other side, but it's pretty good with just one.

3. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I concur. Angelo's is the way to go. By far the cheapest price. Next cheapest is $229 plus shipping. A full hundred more.

4. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

where to mont?

Where would i mount this on a dump truck box? i wouldn't want to drill holes inthe box.
    possibly on the rails, has anyone done this?

thanks

5. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

As far as I know It will only work on the Spreader. But once the unit is attached no need to remove it. Except to replace which would use the same holes. If you are worried about having the bolts restrict the sand from falling Don't be. as it will vibrate right off. Or you can use round head bolts and put the heads in the box. Besides if worried about resale You will get more with a vibrator as opposed to without. Plus once drilled just treat the holes with some naval jelly to prevent rusting.

6. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

mounting

It would do no good for me to mount it to my spreader, i want to be able to get the salt from inside the box down to the spreader. sometimes the salt gets stuck in the box, with just a tap it drops to rear.

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Firedud
    Call Bob Church at Karrier, he is the vibrator wizzard. I just bought one for my dumpinsert for the same reason. Im going to mount it this weekend. The ones at Angelos are amd e overseas, if you want a good one call Bob.

Regards Mike

8. Lawnscape89

So, you don't have a V-box, you have an under the tailgate spreader? I would check with a truck bed installing company as they probably could tell you where to mount it. Or, call the guy at Karrier. I think mounting it to the rail would be fine. Probably front to back, not a side to side rail.

One of the trucks that delivered salt to me had one, but I don't remember where it was mounted. I'm considering moving mine from the V-Box to the dump bed in the off season to get the extra mulch / soil / stones out during the summer months. Let us know what you find out. I'll try to make some calls tomorrow to see what I can find out.

9. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

i wonder if i could mount it to the front of the box, it doesnt take a whole lot to get the material to move.

10. Lawnscape89

Yeah, but if you mount it to a front to back rail (maybe near the front), you get everything along the way to move. JMO.