1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a truck mount application guide???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cornbinder, Oct 30, 2010.

1. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i'm looking for a western truck mount application guide, anybody know where i can find this info?? i need to know what years i can use for my truck for the mount that i need. thanks.

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Go to http://www.westernplows.com

Go to the Quickmatch plow selector. Input the truck you want to mount plow on and the kind
    of plow. It will show the part numbers of the mount you need. Compare it with the part numbers
    of the truck it came off of.

A PIA for sure but the only way a non dealer can check for sure...................

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

4. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

thanks for the input , the quick match is for new plows. i'm looking at cross referencing a older style conventional off a 1990 truck and i need to know if it will fit on my 1986 model year truck. i know a boss plow will interchange on those years but that doesn't mean that a western mount will interchange. that's why i'm looking for a listing od the older plows or interchange guide for the truck mounts. thanks, pete

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

6. Crash935

86 to 90 is totally different frames and mounts

7. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

that's wht i'm looking for a western application guide. boss lists 81-91 fords all the same, and i'm not sure why. i know that 80-86, 87-91, 92-97 are all different. i guess i should call or stop bye a dealer and see what info i can find out.

8. Crash935

sorry was thinking GM, might actually fit on a ford but would have to do a little more looking.