1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a truck in WI

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by csnyder, Dec 19, 2008.

1. csnyder

csnyder Junior Member

Hey all

Been lurking for while and trying to figure out the best way of plowing my 1/2 mile gravel driveway. I think a truck is probably my best bet. There is quite a hill climb, so it will be dedicated to plowing in the winter with chains and ballast.

I'm watching craigslist and such (and missed a really good one this morning). I thought I'd put a post up here as well. I'll be honest, I'm looking for something cheap. I just closed on this house 3 weeks ago and money is tight. Old is good, I like to do my own engine work. Looks not important. Fuel efficiency is not a concern, as I will only be using it for plowing and moving the occasional large heavy object (shop equipment).

I've been keeping an eye out for an old 250/350 flatbed or the like. If anybody around central Wisconsin sees this and has something laying around, please let me know. I'm also open to suggestions.. I've never had to deal with more than 150' of driveway before :)

cdsnyder @ umich.edu