1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a stainless steel bed, where do I look ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by On a Call, Mar 17, 2015.

1. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

One of my one ton truck bed is ate up. A 4x4 F350 diesel. Working on the body...but I really want to just buy a SS bed to drop on there.

Anyone know of one laying around ????

Or...where to go for a new one.

2. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Look on the internet..........Its this place Al Gore invented a few years ago that has all sorts of stuff on it.......:popcorn:

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No way. Well it's gotta be true, I just read it on the...Here.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Google?

Galion-Godwin is a fairly local manufacturer to you, their stainless beds have served us well.

5. J and J body's makes some killer ones

6. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Is this a legitimate question? Go to an up fitter like the rest of us, and order a body....unless you are looking for someone to spoon feed you info so you can save $53.

7. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

NO spoon feeding needed. I can eat well enough.

Looked on the net found one for $ 5400.00. Sounds reasonable, not.

So UL&L are you doing crack ?

8. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

10-4, put in a call. Thank you

9. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Sorry, I should stay off the inter-wires on St. Patrick's day. Too many Jameson 18's I suppose.

Any how, I just paid 7100 for a 9'6" x 96" stake body with a hoist, installed. That is primed and painted mild steel. $5400 for a SS body does not seem to far off, In my humble opinion.

10. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Start with the truck upfitters in your area, stainless is pricey for sure.

You can search all over the net but bottom line is 99% of them have to be bought thru a dealer so while one 250 miles away maybe 100 bucks cheaper, it isn't.

Use the net to see what's out there, how they are made, call a local upfitter or talk with a local fab shop.

Just look up a hoist kit, you can buy those and have them shipped, the hoist alone is like 1200............

11. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Well I have some calls in and they are putting together quotes....sort of surprises me that they really do no know off hand or use a book ? Anyhow we will see.

I have the hoist a single ram scissor off live pto from the trans.

So I need is a box...I can install.

12. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Zoresco has nice stuff as well. They're really popular around here anyhow

13. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

Yes I have a zoresco bed on my 550 I like it especially the e-z latch for the gate...floor is mild steel which is good if needed to be replaced...I don't think that is bad price considering my f550 was around 13k for bed,hoist,pump/hydraulics

14. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

$ 13,000 wow, I really had no idea SS beds were that expensive. But, I guess they are.

Thank you Brothers...We have no snow in the forecast for 8 months :) gives me a little time !!

15. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

U know these days you can find anything on the internet... I can even shop for underwear, in my underwear! Right now @ Inmyunderwear.com u can find all kinds of deals!

16. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Well if you were a chick I might ask for photos...only joking of course.