1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a smaller county type v plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snowblowertruck, Oct 29, 2011.

1. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I am looking for a smaller county type v plow. Protech makes a few different sizes, but the largest is only 6'. I really need one that is at least 7'. I don't care to go as large as the large county plows, as I don't intend on using that large of a truck.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What are you planning to mount it to?

3. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

A beefed up Bronco. Protech's plow, at 6' only weighs in at 575#. So if I could find something comparable at 7' it could still weigh up to 850# and it would still be lighter than the 9'2" boss that's on it.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What's wrong with the Boss? One of the better V-plows on the market.

Maybe try swapping for an 8-2 or 7-6

5. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

There is nothing wrong with the boss. But when the winter is ALMOST over we always get hammered with a storm out of the east and it plugs my 1/4 mile driveway shut. When the banks are 5' high, the boss won't throw the snow over them.