1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a simple warning light set up

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Yamaha0219, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Yamaha0219

Yamaha0219 Junior Member

I have a 2005 F-250 Crew cab, short bed, white. I don't plow with it but I'll tow the skid steer sometimes for the guy I plow for and would like some warning lights for when I'm parked on the lot or on the side of the road. Not looking for anything over the top, something somewhat cost efficient and simple to set up.

I just found the thread on hooking an LED flasher to mirror lights, third brake lights, and cab roof lights, but I still think I want something up front and in the brake lights (strobes, LEDs?).

Throw some ideas at me.

2. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

I think you are wanting some sort of hide-a-way kit. People typically put these in headlight and taillights. Here is a link for those. I run the Whelen 90w and they work out great.

http://www.sirennet.com/kit_strobe.html

I also run a Whelen Responder LP mini light bar. I am really happy with this. It has many different flash patterns and is very bright. A lot of the flash patterns have very little to no down time between flashes. Here is a link to all of the mini light bars on Sirennet.

http://www.sirennet.com/minilightbars.html

I have used this website for al of my warning light and have always been happy with them. You may also want to try stobes n' more since they are now a sponsor on this page.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

It doesn't get much simpler than a magnet mount mini light bar.

4. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I am looking at the responder bar with a magnet mount. I want to hard wire it in with a quick disconnect at the back window. Is it possible to permanerly select a flash pattern?

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I also recommend the whelen vertex LED. YouTube it!:)Thumbs Up

6. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Yes I believe you can. They have a 46 Scan-Lock flash patterns. This will let you lock in a flash pattern when you find the one you want from what I understand. The light bar I have is a permanent mount that I bought a magnet kit for. I have mine hooked up through a cigarette plug in. I have two switches on the adaptor. One is the on/off and the other lets you cycle through the flash patterns. Hope this helps.

7. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Yes if you get the hardwire responder you can set the pattern and forget it. With the magnet one have you thought about hiding the cigarette plug behind the third brake light? More work taking it on and off but if you leave it for most of the plow season its only 2 screws and you wont loose the plug or the ability to change flash patterns.

8. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Here is what I did with my Whelen Edge, I don't plow so I don't need it on the truck all the time and it's mag mount so all I have to do is plug it in and go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]