1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a sign vendor

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Wilnip, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Can anyone recommend a decent company who makes yard signs? A Google search is not helping much. I am looking for 50 to 100 full color yard signs at the best price.

2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

Call this company. Out of colorado. Best deal you can get. Excellent quality, top notch customer service.

Ask for scott. Tell him dnchevyman from pirate4x4 sent you. You dont need to look anywhere else. Ive done the homework for you.

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Great! Thanks a lot. But, what's the name and number of the company?

4. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thanks. Just sent them an email.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thanks GV, I will check them out. I'll let these companies bid for my business for a change. Thumbs Up

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Ok, heres another question. This is an exact copy of the billboard thats going up on 9/24. Should I get the yard signs just like this, full color, or just do a simpler one, just one color with name and phone number for 1/3 of the cost?

JSS Yard sign pic JPEG.jpg

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Question...........................I know it's your area so locals know the area code, but why do you not put your area code on your phone #'s? Maybe it's b/c I'm from around Chicagoland, but it's not out of line to say I see probably 10+ different area codes a day on trucks, billboards, etc. If I didn't use an area code I probably wouldn't get a single call, even though my own surrounding area is limited to one.

Off the top of my head.........219, 708, 847, 630, 312 are close by ones that I know and see almost daily. Glancing through my recent calls on just my cell phone I found 3 more that I didn't recognize in the last 3 days. And I'm super slow. Again, maybe it's just here, but I think you're losing potential clients.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

That's a good question. I believe it's just because it's different areas. Our 814 area code stretches from Maryland border to the New York border. So I'm in no danger of anyone not knowing the area code. And I just believe less is more. You only see a billboard for a few seconds as you drive by so I don't want to put too much info on it.

11. grandview

I don't think the colors will translate to a smaller sign.

12. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Yard signs get beat up and stolen. You only have a few seconds to grab their attention. Keep it simple. Can you drop the by Johnstown pet services? And I would even drop the commercial / residential. And with everybody's cell phone plans, I would include the (area code) But if you want the best tip ever? Use the reflective vinyl on your signs. It's like they light up at night when headlights hit them. I've been told by more people they see my signs at night. Now all vehicles are done with reflective also.

13. grandview

Like Wilnip,we don't use area codes around here either. If I get a phone call with a different area code its to far anyway.

14. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Update on what I ordered. It may help someone else.

I bought 100 12x18 inch single sided yard signs with stakes for $165 delivered from www.yardsignwholesale.com

I bought 12x24 full color truck magnets for $27.17 each with free delivery from www.signazon.com
    Very happy with both companies.

GSS LLC, I contacted Big Horn Graphics like you recommended, and heres a copy of his email. You will see why I didnt go with that company.

Bill,

I have attached a concept for what I would do for the yard signs at
    18"x24". The price per sign will be the same regardless if we make 50 or
    100. In our production process, full-color versus 1 color is going to be
    the same price.

18"x24" full color yard signs with step stakes quantity 50 or more:

* $14.60ea for single-sided signs
    * $19.60ea for double-sided signs

We could make the magnetic vehicle signs with the layout you sent me
    unmodified at 12"x24". That size works well because our magnetic
    sheeting comes on a 24" wide roll. Price for (2) would be $38ea ($76
    total). Or if you feel that may be a little small, we can bump up to
    18"x36" for $67.50ea ($135 total).

Shipping for all of that is going to be $25.

Thanks
    Scott

15. grandview

He was going to order the signs from the other place and mark them up.

16. lbkwholesaleco

lbkwholesaleco Junior Member
    from 15547

bill,

go to absolute signs. local. 288 6677. the guy your using is to much.

17. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

A little late to the party