1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a salter..michigan

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by lawnmasters2006, Jan 15, 2009.

1. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

looking for a good used salter in Michigan..will travel..would like a 2 in receiver style..but im open to others also...cash in hand
  2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I have a grotech swingaway Iwould sell for 500. Bought it from the local township last year they used it to spread grass seed and fertilizer. Run minimum salt through it as we also have 3 snowex vboxes we use. let me know, Aaron
  3. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i would like to stay w a a named brand..never heard of grotech...looking an at snowex 325 mini...only need to salt small lots..so i really dont need a huge salter unless its a good deal..
  4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

5. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

pm sent

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

lawnmaster I would go with at least the Snow-ex 525. I have a 325, and it's a joke. You can only fit 4 bags of salt in it, and it blows at least 2 fuses per night. I have even up-sized the fuse from a 20 amp to a 25, and I still blow them all the time. If I were to do it again I would at least look at the 525.
  7. cgrappler135

cgrappler135 Senior Member

Try getting out at every lot and spinning the spinner by hand before turning on. Thats works on mine!
  8. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

Lawn masters I have a 3 year old snow ex 1075 hitch mount spreader with a vibrator kit that I would sell for 600.00 It comes with the wiring harness and controller.