1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Salt & Sand tail gate spreader for mason dump

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Turfmower, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I looked at the Western Proflo 2 today. I have info on the Snow Ex 1875 haven't seen it yet. A few years ago i remember there was a company called Airflo that made a Stainless Tail gate spreader that was belt feed like the Western but I can't seem to find them. I was also looking at the the Snow ex Vee pro but seen some people have had problems with them. I'm looking for some thing that is easy to remove and can use on my smaller jobs.

Is there any other Tail gate spreader that can Spread bulk materials?
    And which on you you buy?
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Have you considered a truckcrat tc140 spreader which replaces the dump gate on your dump body? It will spread sand and salt.

3. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I all ready have a big spreader. I was looking for a small one for driveways and small lots.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I priced the Air Flow one last week. With the hitch receiver as standard equipment it was a couple of hundred bucks cheaper then the Fisher but the Fisher holds quite a bit more. The Air Flow holds 450lbs of salt. It was $3500 Canadian if that is any help.