1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a salesman in CT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Broncslefty7, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

Good afternoon, i am looking for a part time salesman. this year i had to go a little further out of our radius for snow work because we don't usually do property maintenance. next year we are going to start, i have a foreman and all of the equipment. i need someone that knows a little about the landscaping business to sell a few commercial accounts. it pays 5% yearly contract total paid once contract is signed. there is a group of three account rite next to each other we are interested in getting. all three received snow bids from us this year and the price was better than the rest, how ever we are not a landscaping company so we where dropped. if you know how to price the landscaping end and can sell PM me.

**Note if we can sign the bundle of three accounts it will pay 7% of total.

i know this may seem like an odd request but, in our current line of work we pretty much do all of the hard scaping and snow removal. just looking for some knowledge on the landscaping side, i have all of the specs to properly bid.
  2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

You do hardscaping but not landscaping?
  3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I believe they are a pool installation company during the warm weather.
  4. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

we build swimming pools, but we also do decks, walkways, driveways, outdoor kitchens etc etc.
  5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

If you can bid that type of work, then you have the ability to bid lawn/landscape maintenance.
  6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Maybe not! I do excavating,patios,walls, some planting,etc and I don't know the first thing about lawn maintenance or bidding, heck my wife cuts our lawn,I detest lawn cutting at home,the thought of doing it,or bidding it commercially? I'd shoot myself lol :dizzy:
  7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

If you have an in ask what they were paying I almost always see old contracts