1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bru z71, May 14, 2009.

1. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

looking for a 71/2 hd fisher mm2 with wiring harness for a 2005 silverado????

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

3. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

whats the difference between RD and HD?? i am new to gettin a plow sorry

4. BigDave12768

The popular 7'6" FISHER RD snowplow is perfect for homeowners, small businesses and light commercial plowing applications. This blade is 29" high and made of 12 gauge steel. The trip-edge is backed with 2 reinforced cutting bars at the bottom to increase wear resistance.

Built for the business of snowplowing, the rugged FISHER® HD Series plows will withstand the rigors of any and all commercial applications. These popular 8', 8'6" and 9' plows are the choice of the plowing professional. Designed for 3/4 and 1 ton four-wheel drive trucks, as well as today's new 15,000 GVW "Super Duty" vehicles, these blades are 29" high and built with heavy 11 gauge steel. The trip-edge is backed with 2 reinforced cutting bars at the bottom to increase wear resistance.

5. BigDave12768

They are pretty close to the same. 7.6 and with a 1/2 you should be fine with an RD. They make the 7.6HD becuase alot of the Diesels have issues on how much weight you can hang off the front. what do you plan on doing with it?

The Old Rd's were tough also. They are alot tougher than the new SD model. I bet you could buy that plw for 2k in NH. Plus he will install for you. Hell 2500 and done thats not a bad deal

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  6. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

I have a 8ft fisher minute mount 2 for sale. It is listed here with pictures also.

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Would you be interested in a used 7.5' Diamond Trip edge with the MDII mounting system( Minute Mount Type)? I have a complete set up, all the wiring, controls, mounting brackets, light modules and light adapters $2450

call 508 753 6617 or e-mail jphanratty@charter.net

The plow looks very much like this one;

[​IMG]

8. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

no sorry i am looking for a no more then a 2 or 3 yr old fisher mm2 hd 7 1/2