1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Plow for F350 in MI

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by sdboy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. sdboy

sdboy Junior Member

Hi All,

Well after 12' of snow this past weekend I decided to look for a plow to clear my driveway (around 800 ft long). I have done some reading here and elsewhere. Western and Boss seem to be popular in my neck of the woods.

I have an F350 with 5200# springs up front (no snow plow prep pkg). It is a supercab, short box, Power Stroke diesel.

Anybody have any suggestion on what to get? I am thinking 8' to clear the tire tracks and to get more width even when the plow is at an angle (I was originally thinking 7'6"). I am a little concerned about the weight up front but I won't be driving around with the plow on too often.

More importantly, where in SE Michigan might I find snow plow installation.

Thanks everyone in advance.
  2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

8' Western

I just put on a 8' ultramount western on a 99 f250 with the 5200# springs. The truck sags about a inch when the plow is lifted. Don't sweat it and go with the 8' and not the 7.5'. I worried about the same thing and took a gamble. I succeeded. Works awesome. :waving: :redbounce
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Weinguard's in Waterford sells Boss and Western. Myself I like the Curtis that I have. You can get a Curtis in Flint at Vehicle Accessories in Flint on Hill rd. 1-810-232 2400. Tell Doug that I sent you. It goes on and off in less than a minute.

Good Luck Mike
  4. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

sdboy - got another option for you. I've got an 89 F250. Used to be our back-up plow truck - now it's just a truck for me around the farm. 4wd works well on it. Truck is pretty good shape and very heavy duty - only a few minor mech. things that I'd reccommend fixing (not much money - it idles too high in park and neutral - throttle body sensor??) but still works great. Anyway - it's all set up for a plow - mount is still there. (we took the plow off to transfer it to another truck). So, it's all ready to accept a meyer plow. If you're interested, contact me. I only want a couple a hundred bucks for the truck. It sounds like it might me great for what you want it for.
    The installation is relatively quick. You can get a lot of the parts on E-bay - cheap. If you want to track the parts down, I'll tell you what you need - Just the pump (reccommend Meyer e-47 (about $250 used), the controls ($50 used), a solenoid ($9), and the a-frame and plow ($300 used?). If you get the parts, I'll re-rig the plow for you. I just would like to see the truck go to a good home and see somebody get some use out of it. My wife says I got too many toys - so she'd just like to look back at the barn and not see it.
    Hope this helps. Feel free to e-mail me back - it's not snowing anymore, so I've got lots of free time. I'm in Northern Macomb.
  5. xcr128

xcr128 Junior Member

fisher 4 sale

i have a 8'fisher minet mount off my 97 3/4 ton dieseal dodge in the ann arbor arear