1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a plow for a 2000 F450- what is compatible?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by right touch, Sep 1, 2009.

1. right touch

right touch Junior Member
    from 08844

im looking for a plow for my 2000 f450. Not sure what is compatible. maybe someone could help me out on this?

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i would go with a 9 foot 8.5 is a little small when you are angled all the way the plow wont cover all your tires I run 9 western pro plus and love them

3. CENLO

CENLO Member

plow

I have a 2004 9'-6" Western Vee plow.....came off a 2004 Ford F250? Paid $9000.00 will sell for $4000.00 or best offer. Very solid plow

4. right touch

from 08844

how do i know what is compatible with my truck? or are all plows compatible and its just a matter of getting the right harnesses and connections?

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i know western has a chart on their website for size o plow a truck can handel then the wires are differnt for every truck and so is the truck frame or undercarriage so if u buy a used plow it needs to be off the same truck u are putting it on example i think a western plow from a 1997-2000 will work basically its the years the body style change so do the truck frames I found buying a good used [low unless you are going to install it yourself is not worth it to me $2000-$3000 for a good used plow then time to go pick it up and pay $500 to install it assumeing u dont need need frame or wiring harness I would rather spend an extra $1500 or so get new and get a warrenty and becomes friends with the local dealer who probally will be open 24/7 during snow storms so if it does break you van get it fixed and keep on making money oh to answer your other question the off truck side stuff is the same but the harness and frame for your truck can be expensive look in to price before u buy something used

6. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I would go with a 9' straight blade or 9.2 V Blade. Once you get the blade you can always find a mount and harness for your truck.

7. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

x2 on the 9.2v

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have a western 9 foot pro-plus with everything for your truck if your interested? Send me a pm.

9. right touch

from 08844

not sure how to send a private message still new to this site. How much do you want for it? maybe you could send me a message with a picture and price and location and then I will know how to reply to it?

10. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i have a 9ft Fisher plow for sale off of the same truck with everything you need for 2500 let me know pm or email me Josh@diamondconcretewny.com

11. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Give me your email and I will send u some pics and info.