1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a pic

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nosnownogo, Feb 9, 2009.

1. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

I am asking if anyone here has a picture of the front end loaders that were made for full size pickups .They had a full perimeter frame bolted to the bumpers with two uprights between the front wheel well and a pillar for the lift cylinders .These were late 1970 setups that
    were used in the city areas with many triplex and quadra plex housing .
    May be neige knows what i am asking about .

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

My brother was visiting Montreal a few years bac k and mentioned that he saw on there. But then again thats a big city. gonna be hard to track it down

3. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Look at some old army stuff or maybe a Unimog if you really need one for professional use.

4. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

The group of people that bought my grandparents resort maybe 15 years ago had something similar here in PA. Like someone said above i'm pretty sure it was a unimog or something similar. (Looked real similar to the plow trucks user Unimogger(sp?) has posted in pics.) This one also had like a 9' flatbed on it with a backhoe built into it. Not sure if this was custom or not. I wish i had pics of it.

5. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

I dug through my pictures and came up with this pic of a US military SEE Tractor. It wasn't wearing it's front end loader at the time. These are just now starting to come up as military surplus. The US ran this with the loader and backhoe (Small Emplacement Excavator) and the German Army (Bundeswehr) ran one with a dozer blade and backhoe with a convertible top (cruising on Saturday night)

SEE Tractor.jpg

6. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Here's a pic of a U1000 Unimog w/ Schmidt FL4 loader. The excavator on back folds forward for transport. Schaef also makes loaders like this.

U1000blau.jpg

7. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

This is a pic of the Bundeswehr version with a Schmidt dozer blade and a Schaef HT-11A backhoe.

8. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Here's the pic

Mvc-001s.jpg

9. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

unimog tools

nice equipment , I like the hydraulic chain saw