1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a part

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scottr, Mar 23, 2014.

1. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Anyone know where I can find a 4.5" or 5" pulley that has a 6 rib serpentine belt and a .750" keyed bore? I'm adding a Vickers V10 vane pump in place of the power steering pump to drive my plows, power steering and hydro boost brakes. I've been searching the net but no luck. I thought I found one that fits a Vortech blower and I ordered it, turned out to have a .786" bore.
    Thanks for any leads.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

electric motor rebuilding shop or hydro shop

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You can't sleeve that pulley for the .030 that's needed

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Or weld up the bore and turn it back down to the size you want. Vortech pulley is aluminium right. Or weld a sleeve in it as suggested.

5. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

grainger .com

7. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Thanks for the ideas, however, I have tried all the outfits mentioned above, yes, I may have to build my own bore pulley, or try and shim it, but I was hoping to find something off the shelf. I thought this would be a simple thing to find. :confused:

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Simple. Custom work is never simple

9. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Ha, well said Dieselss