1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a new spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Stud Bro, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Hey guys its about time to start gearing up for this years season and i need a new spreader. this time around i want to go with a stainless model sick of having to repaint the spreader each year. I currently have a Monroe v box spreader its hydraulically driven and i want to get away from that so if the truck the spreader is on goes down i can swap it into another truck to get my jobs done. However i dont know to much about v box spreaders so i need advice. I like to stick around the 2 yard size and i was looking at a buyer salt dogg anyone got one? Let me know what you guys think
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

have you checked to make sure you can even get salt to spread? this might not be a good yr to invest in a new spreader
  3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I have two henderson ss 1.8 yard units one is 16 years old the other is 12 years old. I have had NO problems with there unit. they still have many years to go on them.
    I would strongly recomend them. priced a little high than other units but you get what you pay for.
  4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i like my curtis v box, has very simple drive, no chains or belts, i made a remote control for the wiring so i can move to other trucks easier very reasonable $ wise, run this for 3 years so far with no trouble
  5. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

I have some salt in storage from last year to get me started and my supplier said i should be able to get 2 loads from him so i guess i will see.