1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new mini bar...

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dieseltech, Nov 22, 2011.

1. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Ok well after much searching and consideration of my budget, i would like to be under 300 but the less the better. I also dont want to sacrafice quality for price. Been looking at the axixtech falcon, whelen responder and the sabre mini bars. I must say i do like the look of the sabre being a longer bar at 27" but have heard mixed feelings on the distributor. I also like the falcon but have some questions. I see they come in 30, 40 and 60 led versions. Strobesnmore carries the 30 led version. Does anyone have any experience with the 40 or 60 versions and should i consider those as well. Also the responder as i have heard good things about it but i dont care much for the look of the bar. Im not new to lighting as i have been a paid on call ff for 10 years and have had strobes and led inside and out but some of the names are new to me. Any input is appreciated and if strobesnmore can pitch in here that would be great as i have dealt with you before and was very pleased.
    Chris

2. APLC

APLC Senior Member

I have the responder and love it, I have also seen lots of mini bars and the responder for the size and price ROCKS in daylight and is blinding at night. Plus having the new led technology it pack a punch. Also strobes and more has it in your price range.

3. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

So ive heard good things about it...lets hear some others from the gallery. Man i wish i lived closer to a distributor. I hate buying stuff and not bein able to see it in person first.

4. APLC

APLC Senior Member

5. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Thats what i had my mind set on but second guessing because of all the options. I wonder what the sale at strobesnmore will be and if the responder will be included...hmmm looking forward to 5am friday! The falcon also comes in a 40 and 60 led model for a bit more in price altho strobesnmore doesnt carry those models. Wonder if they are any brighter?Well i guess its down to the two as i dont like the pinnacles led head positions.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  6. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Yeah I don't know I want a few LINZ6 heads but im waiting for black Friday LOL

7. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

I think alot of people are lol... Are you gonna swap your heads now? They are quite a price jump huh

8. APLC

APLC Senior Member

No my responder came with the new heads in it R2LP , I want some for the grill LOL

9. APLC

APLC Senior Member

It has like 6 linz6 like heads in my bar

10. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Ahhh i c...id like some hideaway led's too but i dont think momma will allow that as well. Mmm ill just wait till mid season i guess.

11. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Hhhh decisions decisions.

12. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Responder, all the way. Don't go axixtech

13. APLC

APLC Senior Member

I knew you would chime in too LOL, how's the bar look, which way did you mount it? Wish this rain would quit I got so more clean ups left

14. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

I use the mini pinnacle and like it a lot. Super bright, tons of flash patterns, around $250.
    Just my 2¢

15. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i have a mini liberty for $350 ... with magnets and rubber boots ... i held the unit for a person on this site .. but im not waiting anymore ... bar worth $700 new

16. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Thanks formthe offer but id really like to keep it under 300...if it werent for that id be all over it. A budget is a budget.

17. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

I hear ya on the clean-ups. I need sun tomorrow!!! Ive got three that need to get done

18. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Haha you know it! Still sittin in the box, debating in what I want to do at this point. Should be up soon. But I hear ya me too!!

19. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

or i do have a federal signal highlighter for $50 bucks ... if this other guy doesnt buy it .. i sell to you ... you just need magnets ...

20. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Well after much deliberation, video watching and budget calculations...i decided to go with the falcon. I like the shap of the bar, from what i have seen they are pretty bright day and night and they are quite a bit cheaper. I believe overall for me this was the way to go. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Now if it would ship and get here!