1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new ice melt for cement

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 4700dan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Boy, calcium chloride is so expensive does anyone have other options for ice melt on cement walks, we have always used rock salt for 18 years and now this new account wants calcium and they have 2 miles of walks thanks

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

If the customer wants Calcium Chloride...Then give them what they want and charge accordingly........

3. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Well then I need to find the product at a cheaper price can you help

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Check out The Hot Pink De-icer...They are a sponsor here....I have heard Very Positive things about this Product.....

5. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I agree 100%. Tell them if you want calcium this is the price. Then let them make the decision

6. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

use a blended...hoopes sells some rock/mag blend up there in alliance

7. turfman59

turfman59 Member

yeah get a grain auger and run it through once and add a little blue food coloring with with windsheild washer sovlvent and whala .... Are they afraid of killing the grass or what maybe use better salt deflection practices

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Did they change the specs or did you bid the job incorrectly?