1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a new dump truck. any advice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by serafii, Jan 11, 2013.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

i recently sold my 1997 chevrolet 3500 drw dump. i kinda grew out of that one so now im looking for something a little bigger.

i found a few that interest me but im not completely sold on them.

1. one is a 2006 international cf-600 with 160 000km. it has fold down aluminum sides, tarp kit and T-1 flooring. hes asking $32000 negotiable. im sure i can bring him down to about 28k. only flaws it has is the driver seat has a rip in it and the driver door has a dent.

2. 2007 mitusbishi fuso fe180 with 45000km. regular steel flooring on the box, fold down sides and electric dump and tarp kit. it comes with summer and winter tires. hes asking $34000 but he seems pretty motivated to sell. he got out of the business a while back and has no use for the truck.

3. 2008 dodge 5500 slt with a 6.7 cummins in it. brand new Voth dump box. 118 000km. his asking price seems a little high. $39000 negotiable.

4. 2011 isuzu w5500hd. brand new never plated. original price is $63000. the saleswoman is bringing it down to $58000 taxes included. 72 month financing at 6.5% and have to pay $7000 in taxes right away.

i dont mind buying used, but im just looking for some reviews on the dodge, mitsubishi and the inter. ill post the links to all the trucks except the 2011.

http://www.lespac.com/vehicules/cam...-cf-600-dompeur-LPaZZ26736623WWcpZZ27WWgrZZ12

http://www.lespac.com/vehicules/cam...ishi-fuso-fe180-LPaZZ25890827WWcpZZ27WWgrZZ12

http://www.lespac.com/vehicules/cam...sel-dompeuse-11-LPaZZ26336487WWcpZZ27WWgrZZ12

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

out of those 4 i would go with the dodge stay away from the cf i heard those engines in them are not good and need alot of repair.

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I think the dodge is the way togo.

4. serafii

serafii Senior Member

the cf is built exactly how i wanted. but from what i read online the vt275 is just about as reliable as the 6.0 diesel powerstroke.

the dodge is an all around gorgeous truck. i just dont know how reliable the 6.7. ive driven gm for as long as i can remember. im not familiar with dodge...

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Its a Cummins. They're great engines in a crappy wrapper. Personally, I'd be looking for a Chevy or GMC 4500 or 5500 4x4

6. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Id go with the mitsu. Such a good dependable truck i used to drive one similar to that doing deliveries for a garden center. That thing wouldnt die. One negative was the parts such as brakes were somewhat pricey.

7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

90plow. I'm not worried about the pricey parts. As long as they are easy to come by

8. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Whatever you do, don't buy it in Minnesota

9. serafii

serafii Senior Member

here are the pictures of the trucks listed in my original post.

cf600.jpg

dodge.jpg

dodge1.jpg

dodge2.jpg

fuso1.jpg

10. serafii

serafii Senior Member

last one of the isuzu

2011-isuzu.png

11. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

the new isuzu would be the best bet and ver dependable... and looks the nicest imo. but from a smart, economical standpoint, none of those will beat the mitso fuso due to dependability and price.

12. serafii

serafii Senior Member

So I went to see the fuso yesterday. The truck runs and drives great. Besides some surface rust on the box the truck is mint.

I made an offer at 27k. He came back to me at 31k. What do you guys think?

Anything I should look out for?

13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

14. I currently have an 09 dodge 4500hd 4x4. Other then it eating tires (every 35k-45k) I have had very minor issued with it( it came with ****** tires from the dealer) .Lots of power. Enjoy the engine brake. Wish I had gone with the 5500hd for the extra payload. It is my front line landscape truck in the summer hauling aggregates and skid steer and mini ex on a 24ft float. Winter it has a 3 yard salter and v blade. Great salt truck. Plowing takes a bit to get use to. I would highly recommend the dodge.

15. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

16. serafii

serafii Senior Member

It's a sweet truck but it's too big for me. And I don't need the salter nor the plow. I need something as compact as possible.

17. serafii

serafii Senior Member

This is what I ended up getting guys.

2007 GMC W5500
    5.2L isuzu diesel
    45000km
    Electric windows
    AC
    7x11 DEL dump body
    Underbody tool box
    Brand new brakes
    Brand new heavy duty trailer hitch and controller

Tell me what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Here's another shot

[​IMG]

19. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Buy a real dump. a MACK :salute:

20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2003 W5500. It has been a good truck. Excellent on fuel and turns on a dime. The bad, parts are never in stock and can take some time to get as well as expensive. The payload is great for such a small truck and they are gutless so their nice to give to an employee.