1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a magnetic mount lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Supper Grassy, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

I am wondering what everyone is using for magnetic mount lightbars, i am looking for cheap and effective

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Although you'll get a ton of replies suggesting Whelen products - which I have a ton or respect for - you were looking for cheap and effective. We use Star (strobe) mini bars on everything in our fleet. That would mean we have about 15 of them on everything from pickups and dump trucks to skid steers and loaders. They're inexpensive, bright,and seem to last forever. (We have one that's almost 10 years old.) And when something does go wrong, they're easy and cheap to fix. All of pours are magnet mount with a quick disconnect electrical connection that we add. This allows us to keep a couple of "hot spares" in the shop that we can swap in quickly if something does go wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sound off signal mini pinnacle.

4. Supper Grassy

are these the 6" tall beacon bars or slimmer bars?

5. Too Stroked

6. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

Strobes n more makes some great products. My led bar is really bright and has worked well.

7. Supper Grassy

Kwing which bar?

8. Supper Grassy

Also magnetic or vacuum magnetic

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The SOS mini pinnacle is a mini bar, not a beacon. A lot of guys use it. It's very bright also.

10. changexlt

changexlt Junior Member
    from ND

11. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Here's another vote for the Star 9200S.
    The company is Star Headlight & lantern Co., Inc., and I've used their railroad lanterns for years. A few years ago, I saw a used Star mini-bar on eBay for a "wicked low" price, so I grabbed it. I had to replace the power supply and polish some crud off the dome, but it works great. I also converted it from plain magnetic to vacuum-magnet mount.

I wish I'd done that with mine. It came with just really short wires on it (I think it had been a permanent-mount that somebody converted to magnetic), so I just wired in a new lighter cord and called it good.

12. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

13. Supper Grassy

14. Too Stroked

We have both the regular (4 magnet) and soft (2 magnet) versions and we've never had a problem with them blowing off the roofs of our Super Duty trucks.

15. Roundhammer

Roundhammer Member

My vote for small economy lightbar..Mag mount..WHELEN RESPONDER LP!

CRAZY bright..and the price is right :)

Hope it helps.

Don't forget the Promo code for free shipping!

RH tymusic

16. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Axxitech-MB30 from strobsnmore. Small footprint. Low profile. Small enough it can stay in the truck when not on the truck. It has multiple flash patterns and is bright as all get out. I found it under $200. Only downside is the LED strobes dont make heat so you have to keep the roof clear of snow......

Highly recommend.

gb