1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a hitch carrier

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by fortywinks, Oct 15, 2009.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

I've got a large Ariens 28 inch two stage just under 300 lbs. I'm looking for a hitch carrier for it for my 2007 2500HD Silverado. Anyone know where I can find one? Its got to be probably 30 inches by whatever, ramps would be helpful but not required as I can make those. Can't seem to find one with the width and weight capacity I need. All help appreciated.

KB

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You'll probably have to make something, or have it built.

3. richardb200373

richardb200373 Junior Member

I have seen them on ebay, but they run $300 plus.

4. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I had one built a few yrs ago to carry my quad. It was huge like 4 feet by 7 feet. It was also pretty heavy ,made from 2x2 square tubing and expanded metal. I paid a local welder $200 for it. It worked great. There are some available onlne ,but they are pretty expensive. I would either build it or have it built.

5. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i would and do just use ramps, you can get a set of alum. ones for around 50 to 60 bucks

6. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Have seen an "oversize" hitch carrier suitable for snowblowers at Northern Tool last year....may still carry them. They were about twice the $$ of the smaller ones, but looked like they would handle the size & weight of a full size blower or large lawnmower. One model was fixed flat platform & used ramps, the other was a tilt deck.

Good Luck

7. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Checked Northern Tool

...and they had two models. One was 28 inches wide and the other 30-32. The wider one was $399. Kind of steep. Have to check some welders tomorrow. Don' think the 28 incher would fit the snowblower but I have to check that too. Really don't want to spend more than $250-300, but I need something safer than the ramps I'm using now. Diamond back ramps rep called me last week and he was very helpful. I'm looking at their long ATV ramps but not sure they would work for my application. Thanks for the Northern heads up.

KB

8. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

hitch carrier

Hi, Check out discountramps.com or any mobility site for powerchair carriers , they have some strong units in your price range