1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a good school to get my hydaulics license

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by torero, Dec 12, 2007.

1. torero

torero Junior Member
    from mass

hi :waving:, i m looking this days for a good school to get my hydraulics license here in new england , i live in brockton,mass and i hared that 'ats ' is good one so , i m 100% sure that many people over here have more experience in this field . i need some advises.
    thank you so mush.
  2. mberthia

mberthia Junior Member

The Peterson School
  3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I would second the peterson school. I only say that because I worked with a guy who went to the ats school and didn't have a clue. Nothing is as good as field experience but as far as I know the ats school says they show you how to run the equipment but from what I have seen they don't do much. All I did was get the book and study for a few days and took the test. I got 1 question wrong.
  4. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

In RI I don't even know of any schools, we all just take the test, There isn't even a book to study from. If you ask the state they will tell you to go th the Osha website and study that, which obviously is huge. I think the RI Builders offers a class to help prepare you for the test, but no training. The hardest part of the RI test is the soils section and how they are classified (type A, C etc)

ERCKWD Member

I took classes at The Peterson School and the instructors were fantastic and extremely helpful. This was about 4 years ago so it may have changed, but my experience with them was a good one.
  6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I would also recommend the Peterson school. It will make getting your license a breeze.
  7. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

So call me crazy but what do you need this type of license for? Is it for mechanics and such?