1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a good push spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by andrewlawnrangr, Feb 1, 2011.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i a looking for a good push spreader that can spread mag flake, bulk salt, bagged salt and calcium flake.. would like a stainless steel. any thoughts. we run mag flake95% of the time but might switch to pellet next season.
    central parts has the meyers hot shot or the buyers. thanks all.

2. LDULIN

LDULIN Junior Member

spreader

we just got new snowex pushers hold 2 bags cal pellets ,comes with cover and shields,grainger has them plastic and stainless guys are happy with them

3. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Do not buy the Salt Dogg one, spend the money on a spreader that has an enclosed gearbox. I circled the problem in the pic. The two salt dogg spreaders we had allowed too much play at the "gears" if you will, an resulted in one wheel locking up and making the spreader immobile without a load in it. Both of these spreaders are now taking up space in the shop, have no use for them whatsoever.

We are using lesco spreaders now and they seem to work pretty well, nothing special but they do the job for the price.

140.jpg (Medium).gif

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I use snowEx spreaders

I use SnowEx spreaders and they will spread everything you mentioned. We have been using the several years now and they work very well.

Check them out at your local dealer.

5. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

LESCO best spreader on the market!