1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a good GL insurance company in NY

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by JCark, Nov 4, 2011.

1. JCark

JCark Member

So me and a friend of mine started our own small business instead of just sub contracting. We have our LLC, we also have our commercial truck insurance that covers snowplowing. At this point all we have left to do is get a good General Liability Policy that would cover our business and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good insurance company here in upstate NY. I would like to get a $3,000,000 policy but we may settle for a $1,000,00 policy if the costs are too high, Any suggestions on who we could go with? Any help is greatly appreciated:drinkup:!
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

M&T Insurance Agency Inc
    Karen Fial
    Buffalo NY

Tell her Scott From Grandview sent you.They are a large broker and work in all 50 States.
  3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I use Erie Insurance
  4. grandview

I had Erie ,but they don't do additional insured,now I use them for my commercial truck insurance.
  5. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Try getting a quote from Clarence insurance service. I don't have the number right with me but I remember the address. It's 8330 Main St. , Williamsville. I do all my insurance biz with them for personal and business.
  6. JCark

JCark Member

I spoke with Karen, she is a very nice lady. She emailed me the forms to fill out right away. I filled them out and sent them back to her so I should be getting my quote soon.Thumbs Up
  7. grandview

Good.Let me know how it worked out.:salute:
  8. JCark

JCark Member

So I'm extremely disappointed with the quote that I received. Its absolutely rediculous. You better sit down for this...

$6,868.20 premium for a $300,000 GL policy.:dizzy:
  9. grandview

Why? Who was the sub company she put you through? I'm at 2 million for a grand.Employees,?
  10. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

The company i have is called Dryden Mutual. Look them up and get a quote from them their prices are very reasonable.
  11. Angelo585

Angelo585 Junior Member

Dryden is only good if you are only doing residential work, they denied covering me on my commercial plowing. They said they are not interested in insuring in the commercial plowing arena.
  12. MGV

MGV Junior Member

Check Farm Family I have them for my 3 trucks and GL. I had the local credit union call me and said they could get me a better price, I gave them a copy of my policys and they could not get anyone close enough to make me switch. Follow the link, then on the right under find an agent you can pick the closet to you.

13. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Erie does my additional insured.
  14. grandview

They didn't when i had it.They subbed it out to another company then.
  15. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I have eire too. They do my additional insured. Real reasonable rates and great customer service.
  16. grandview

My trucks are still with Erie though.
  17. fury0us

fury0us Junior Member

Who did you end up going with?