1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a good Boss dealer near Fergus Falls,MN

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mlars, Jan 22, 2011.

1. mlars

mlars Member

Any one near Fergus Falls that has a great Boss dealer? We have a local auto dealer in town that carries Boss. My previous experience with this dealer, before I started plowing, was the feeling I needed to take a shower after leaving the place. Now that I have started plowing and have gone into their "Quick Lube and Accessory" center to buy Boss parts, I feel like I dropped the soap in the prison shower!

I want to avoid Bert's in Moorhead because of previous dump truck issues with them.

So, is there an honest dealer out there? Maybe I'm too picky, I'm just looking for someone who gives you a fair price and sticks to it!

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Bert's is the place I'd recommend. I bought a 9'2" Boss from them 3 years ago (Brian was my salesman) and they were very competitive on price. Nice guys too.

3. mlars

mlars Member

They tried add to a significant charge after being told that it was included. They removed the charge and we gave them the benefit of the doubt and had them do another job. They again over charged and the dump truck was unusable when fully loaded! When confronted about the bill they said they'd look at it. The new bill was higher than the old one and they never got the truck to work properly! A quick phone call by me to the manufacturer of the dump box found the problem, but they offered no solution. Our salesman was one of the owners sons, for what that's worth. They just havn't proven. themselves honest enough to do business with them again. They are however the distributor for all dealerships in the area, so they do have the most wiggle room to be competitvely priced

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Try the boss web site, they have a dealer location link, you mite find someone in the Dakota's.

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

mlars hey who are you? I'm from Fergus originally, in Fargo now. Send me a PM if you want. MN Motors has been pretty good to me the couple times I have bought Boss parts there. Like Roy, I suggest Bert's also. I've never had a problem in the 3 yrs I've bought there, they are part of the reason I'm switching to more Boss plows.

As far as I know they are the only dealers around, but maybe there is one in Whapeton?