1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a encloser for plowing /

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by sgrizz, Sep 15, 2009.

1. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

i am looking for any help on a cab for my 04 kody 450 . I have seen the moose version with the roll up doors and it is fairly cheap . This is going to be used for keeping me dry when i have to plow the driveway and i was thinking of making my own out of 3\4 pvc for the frame and using a piece of lexan or plexiglass for the front windshield , not sure for the top or sides yet. Is there any new products out there for this yet? thanks!!

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I run one made by http://www.atvcabs.net/
    got it Used NIB from Craigs list for $160.00 only thing I did'nt like was the side zipper doors didn't work the best so I made some changes and now mine hinges off the back rack of my quad and super easy to get in and out.

pics off are here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/534733/22

and here's a pic of the finished product.
    [​IMG]

it works fairly well and I can plow snow now in the sub zero temps and stay warm.

there's another poster on this site that hand bulit himself a ATV cab that is also a pretty nice set up.

sublime out.

3. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

IPLOW,

will be looking foward to the Fiberglass cabs pics for this year.

are you gonna make side doors for it was well?

thanks

sublime out

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

it's still in my head yet, it seems i am way busier this year, but less mad money around ,oh thatsright i am fixing up an old car lol,

it is definately on the to do list but it's along list right now , and yea it will have one door , thats all ya need, well i need,

as far as how did she hold up, i would say awesome considering i flipped her in the road, that was funny right there, i was turning around when i seen a car coming so i kinda got into her and she cart wheeled so i rode it out till the blade caught the hard snobank it was instant,

i just stepped thru the opening and i flipped her back on her wheels and drove away, i cracked my windshield,

i would take her down to my sister in laws at speed, right around50 mph, but you have to remember theres ablade on her and the aerodynamics of a brick lol

i never did bolt her down, you can see it move in the vid haha, she is in the woods sitting right now still together.