1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a decent plowing mirror for 09/2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rex in OTZ, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Junior Member

Im looking for a simple replacement mirror that I can swap out on a 2009, 2500HD, have a crew cab, flatbed, addittional complication of a tommy gate so with a Boss smart hitch
    the OEM equipment mirror is as useless as tits on a road grader.
    these mirrors look like std pickup truck mirrors on a truck that is supposed to have the plowing package.

2. I saw some in Northern Tool catalog. I am in same boat with the mirrors !

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Have you tryed the towing mirrors? Their GREAT! I love having the convex to look at your rear tires, and then the regular big mirror for everything else!

4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I think the saying is "as useless as tits on a boar" :D

The factory chevy towing mirrors are nice and big. I love mine. Should be an easy bolt on if you can find some.

5. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

CIPA brand is a well known for aftermarket oem replacement and towing mirrors.

http://www.cipausa.com/
    http://www.towngosolutions.com/

If your truck has electric &/or defrost mirrors you sometimes give up this feature or pay a premium. I bought a used '03 HD and I liked how the mirrors looked but couldn't figure out why the power mirror button didn't work. Turns out they were not OEM mirrors and I believe CIPA brand. Manual adjust. And manual extending.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  6. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Junior Member

28 foot monster

The 09 chevy with stock mirror's and a not so great clamp on towing mirror arrangement where I replaced the flat 4 " round with 6" convex which is partly obscured by the cab front door posts, pulled all the head rests out for visability, almost took out a pedestrian because of the head rests.
    Have the 8foot Boss smart hitch. with the V forward and the tommy gate down Its wild in cramped areas, considering pulling off the platform for winter ops.
    The flatbed wheelie bar is a pain as well when plowing anywhere near a slope.
    Hope to get somthing like a grain truck like verticle mirror with a 6" convex on the bottom to hepl with backing up accurately around them electrical transformer boxes and building steps & ramps, problem is the door skin is flimsie and the plastic and subzero cold is unforgiving, this last weekend it was sleeting and raining at times, slick as Ive seen in awhile, forcasted -20F for next weekend (ThanksGiving weekend)
    With the mirrors I have now I have no depth perception at all, keep backing up till it sounds expensive seems to be the tale of woe these days, these days damn scared to plow in town without a spotter.

Photo0053A.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010