1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a dealer

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tomd, Aug 15, 2005.

1. tomd

tomd Junior Member
    from RI

HI Guys, I'm looking to buy a home-use plow for my 500' driveway. I'm thing of the homesteader or a Meyer or western equiv.
    Does anybody know of any dealers in Rhode Island/South eastern MA?
    (Also would love any advice on which plow would be best for me.) Thanks,

Tom
    Oh I have a 01 Siverado ex-cab 4X4 with a V8
    Thanks!! :drinkup:

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Well according to Westerns web-site there is a dealer in Smithfield RI called Dejana Truck & Utility Of New England.

Fisher has a dealer in Cranston, RI called Bucky's Auto Sales Inc.

Meyer has a dealer called Cap City Of Rhode Island in Warwick.

William

3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

William has given you some good advice. Dejana and Bucky's are both well known with good reputations. I can't comment on Cap City but have talked with them and they seem to be okay. Dejana and Bucky's both sell Fisher. Western lists Dejana as a dealer but they switched to Fisher. Cap city sells Meyer and they have a big display. I found a Fisher dealer right over the Rhode Island line off of Rt. 146 in Uxbridge, MA. They sell Fisher for a better price. The sales tax is also 2% lower here in Mass. They're Stanley Truck Equipment and they have a good reputation. Hope this helps.

4. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

I would run a 760Lt Blizzard on that vehicle if your plowing a 500' driveway.

Good set up for that vehicle.

Check out Blizzard's website at the link at the top of page.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  5. tomd

tomd Junior Member
    from RI

Thanks!

Thanks guy's. Yeah I did see dealers on the Manf. websites. I just wanted to hear some good stuff from this forum. Thanks again.
    Ctfan, I will look into that model. Thanks!

Go Sox, Tom :drinkup: