1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a couple of plows

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mtk469, Aug 31, 2009.

1. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Hello all,

New to the site but have already found a lot of useful info. Anyways I have 2 of my Property Management trucks that I am going to put plows on for the winter and thought I would see if anyone has a pair that would work. Would prefer to be in real good shape both working and cosmetically and would prefer to get both from the same person if possible??
    The 2 trucks are:
    1999 Ford F250 and 2006 Dodge 2500

I am in NE Indiana and can travel a little for a the right setup.

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Matt
    mhtkaufman@verizon.net

2. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I am not far from you. I live near Lima,Oh. I have 2 plows and i want to sell one of them and just go back to a single truck and plow. I currently have 2. I am just waisting my money because i don't need 2 setups. I have a 8 foot western Pro with wings. It is a UltraMount and is in like new cond. It didn't get used much at all.
    And then i also have a western ultra mount Pro Plus with wings 7.5 foot wide in like new condition also. And i really do mean like new. You would have to buy a new one to get a better plow. $2800 your pick. You would have to buy your truck side mount and wireing though. PM me with any questions.

3. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Replied to your email. Thanks

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Sent you a email.

5. picknick15

picknick15 Junior Member

have a curtis sno pro 3000 for sale with mount and harness for an 05 ford f-250. The plow was painted dark shadow grey last year. and the paint is still in good condition just a couple rust spots from where the grinder missed. I will try to get pics soon if you have any questions give me a call at 301-501-1724 or picknick15@hotmail.com I am asking $ 2,000 with everything. The plow also has brand new lights installed last year.

6. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Probably a little far to drive but I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the offer.
    Matt

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Buy a brand that you can't get repaired/serviced. This is very important, especially if you are new to plowing.

8. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking the same thing and possibly trying to by 2 of the same plow for my trucks so that I have parts that are the same for both.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would start by looking at new plows that are sold/serviced in your area. Determine your top two/three choices and start looking for used. You might find that new is not much more money than slightly used. Especially if you are buying two of the same. And you can get a warranty with a new unit. Do some searching/reading and you can learn a lot about the different brands. What their strong points are, what the weaknesses are. Both of those trucks should be able to handle equal plows, which is nice.

What kind of plowing are you doing? A vee is hard to beat, and the wideout style are good for certain situations.

10. picknick15

picknick15 Junior Member

I can see how much shipping is. We have shipped entire mowers before just let me know the plow is in great condition. cool color too ford charcoal grey. Matches my truck