1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a counterweight kit for my JD 317 skidsteer???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jkski, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jkski

jkski Member

I am looking for a counter weight kit for my John Deere 317 skidsteer, does anyone know of a source other than the dealer who might sell them?

I thought of making a bracket and using some weights I have but can anyone tell me how many pounds per side I would need to add to equal the factory weights?

Thanks.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

160 lbs/side

3. jkski

jkski Member

Thanks. I think I have something that will fit and work nicely, just need to make a bracket to hold them in place....time to breakout the welder!

4. jkski

jkski Member

Any idea what the cost is for the weight kit from John Deere, including the actual weights?

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

For easy figuring weights are $2/lb new plus the brackets. I'm sure you'll be into $800 pretty quick.

6. davidhoypt

davidhoypt Junior Member
    from PA

I have a set of NH counterweights that I had on my LX885. That was 150# per side and made a huge difference. I believe that many of the NH and JD counterweight kits were very similar. I would be willing to make a terific sale price on them to you.