1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a cheap small plow for a Jeep YJ

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ironhart, Jan 23, 2007.

1. ironhart

ironhart Junior Member

Last summer a friend sold me a stock 95 YJ 4 banger.
    With all the snow we are getting out here I was thinking about getting a small used plow.
    Anyone have one in Colorado for sale that will fit?
    Am I crazy to think that I can find something for less than $800?
    Thanks for the input

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I paid $350 for my Meyers..............Shes old, a bit bent up, but works good.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I know around here I could find you a plow for that. I am not sure what your market is for used plows.

I am not sure it would be cost effective to have one shipped from here.

4. ironhart

ironhart Junior Member

Wow

Thats great! I hope I can find something like that around here.

5. ironhart

ironhart Junior Member

no Colorado ?

Yeah thats the problem. If I can find a good one for 350 like Poncho62 then its probably worth shipping. Out side of that I am looking in CO area.
    anyone on this forum from CO?

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Buy it in the summer..you will find a deal

7. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

You would have to be able to find SOMETHING in CO!! If nobody here can help you out try www.jeepforum.com there are a lot of folks from CO on there.

8. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

Are you doing just your drive or the whole block? How long is your drive(s) that you'll be doing?

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Check the Junkyards and stuff. The hardest part to find locally may be the mount. You may be able to by the mount, pump and controls online and then find a blade locally.

10. ironhart

ironhart Junior Member

small dirt circular in the mountains. I can do it by hand in a couple hours.
    would like to help out a few friends as well they have longer steeper drives. one friend is about 1/4 of a mile of dirt. father in law has 50 yards of black top. and a few more.

11. ironhart

ironhart Junior Member

thanks

played on that for a while thanks for the tip.

12. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

13. ironhart

ironhart Junior Member

looks cool

14. brunosplace

The plow is definitely used but it still works good and it is the old style that is built like the current TM-7.5 plows. I could use a new skin or at least patches welded into it, it does have a couple of small rust holes. I have an E-47 pump (pics here: http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20590&d=1168275927 , http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20589&d=1168275916 ) and a set of cylinders that can go with it. You would need to get the wiring for it as that was still in my Jeep. Harness for slick-stik is $38, slick-stik joystick is $46, solenoid is $5.50, battery cables $23, plow side battery cables $10. Total is $122.50 from http://www.angelos-supplies.com The blade has new trip springs and eye bolts on it. The lights on the mount will come with it however the driver side one is pretty beat up. The housing is cracked and I put it back together with zip ties.

I will take $400 for it all. You will need to arrange the shipping for it, I will strap it to a pallet for shipping. If you want, I will take some up to date pics tomorrow and email them to you. Just provide me an address to send them to.

As for my Jeep the inside of the dash caught fire so everything in the dash area needs replacement. I am hoping to get it repaired soon.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  15. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

16. brunosplace

Pics of old meyer plow

Here are a few pics of the old Meyer Plow. These should give you good idea of its condition, which isn't bad considering it's age. The pump and cylinders make it well worth the $400

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009