1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a CAT skid or track rental for 8 or 10' pushbox

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We have 8' boxes we've used before and am looking to get a wider one, 10' or 12'.

Id say id stick to a 10 footer since our Deere 66hp tractor already doesnt have the weight to muscle the 8' around when its filled with snow.

Since we'd consider buying out the CAT skid/track at the end of the season "if its a good season", i want something fairly new or brand new if they lease/rent them by the month that way.

It has to be the C series newer cab model, and a minimum of id say 7500lbs or more because its going to need it for a 10' + box. The track models would work wonders for us in the future for landscaping where tractors and such struggle or make ruts. The track models are also heavier for their size/hp.

What Cat models have you used "newer" models, with what boxes?

How much would a rental on one cost per month?

2. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I have used a Cat 252B with a 8ft plow (wheeled) and a Cat 257B with the same 8ft plow (tracked) and would only used rubber tracked models. The 257B was a power house! You can push so much more with less marks in the pavement. I was lucky enough to only pay $1000 a month for the track unit and last season I used the 252B for the same price in between the John Deere track loader breaking down.

I was going to purchase a 8ft box and when I called Pro-tech they said it would not have a problem.

You can always do a rent to buy agreement and don't throw money away on rentals!

http://catused.cat.com/en/Equipment/CATERPILLAR/Skid-Steer-Loaders-ASV/257b/For-Sale.aspx

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  3. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I've used a Cat 262 with an 8' foot box with no problem. Tried using a 10' in heavy snow and couldn't move it.