1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Boss under hood unit with valves and controller for a "V"

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by InPlowBoy, Jan 6, 2009.

1. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

I am looking to find an under the hood hydraulic unit with the valves and controller and harness if possible for a used v-plow. Anyone have an old unit laying around in the way for a reasonable figure....??? It is a mid to late 90's - 8'2" power v. As far as I can tell.... Haven't bought it yet. I wanted to try and find a pump system for it first and get an idea of investment before I bought it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Bump.... Bump....

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't have to be an actual under hood pump/manifold unit from an old RT1. You can use one from an RT2 or even RT3 that would normally be mounted on the plow...just mount it under the hood and have a few lines made up, add some couplers and your good to go. Having these additional pump options would make it easier to find a used unit....since you can use one from any year/age of Boss out there.

4. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Boss V-plow

Thank You Sir!

For the information..... I think as of tonite - I just bought a setup then. This would be an RT1 then...??? As you can tell - I don't know too much about Boss plows.... Now I just have to find some sort of pump setup then...

Thanks Again!

Ike N.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the pump/manifold it used was mounted independently under the hood and it's a conventional mount, then yes it would be an RT1. And like I mentioned you can pirate a pump and valve manifold assembly from an RT2 or RT3 to make it complete.

6. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Thanks Again B&B!

Now if I could just find a pump setup. No luck as of yet anywhere. Maybe I just bought a yard ornament or a boat anchor...??? Got any ideas on where to locate one?

Ike N.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Locating used Boss hydro components can be a tough venture as they just don't turn up too often. Guys say they pop up on fleabay from time to time. Could also keep an eye at the local Boss dealer as well. Sometimes they'll get damaged plows in (from wrecks for example) and inventory the salvageable parts.

8. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Thanks! I have been watching fleabay and CL without luck so far. And I will check at some dealers too. Could a Monarch setup work? How many way pump would I need? I know that a four way is not enough. So I would think a six way then? I thought that I might look for a Monarch setup too if I could get one too. They are up in Grand Rapids, MI. About 90 miles from me too....

Thanks B&B....

Ike N.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure you could use a Monarch setup although finding a universal one with the correct valve action may be just as difficult as sourcing a used Boss unit.

Most any setup from a vee that also used single acting wing cylinders would do the job. A hydro setup from a Curtis vee (for example) would fit the bill as they also use single action wing cylinders.

10. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

OK - I am still looking diligently....

Hoss....

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'll also keep my eyes open for one as well. :waving:

12. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Alright - Thanks Again B&B...!!!

I am still looking here - No Luck as of yet....

Ike N.

They call me "Hoss...."

13. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

I put a "WTB" add in the used Equipment forum too...

Hoss....

14. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

I am still on the look out....

Hoss....