1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for a blower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rywnygc, Feb 20, 2010.

1. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

Im looking for a blower that can handle the big snow of western NY. What do you recommend?

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

TORO........:salute:

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Honda, preferably a track drive.

4. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

I prefer toro. As far as size though what do you think? would a powershift1028 do the trick or is that too small?

5. obenauf

obenauf Junior Member

Here's what you need -

Ransomes 700 Series Mower w/cab, Model #946703, 4WD, (695.7 hours), Heated Cab, New battery, Parts manuals, Owners Manuals, Maintenance log. Ransomes Rotary Hydraulic 700 Series Mowing Deck 72" rear discharge mowing deck, Model #957223, Owners manuals. 52" Hydraulic Snow Blower, Hanson-General Products out of Beloit Ill, Model #103104, Electric chute, Owners Manual. Sold as one lot.
    Reserve Met - This Item Now Sells to the Highest Bidder!

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?obenauf37/753.33

obenaufauctions@sbcglobal.net

6. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

yyyyeeeeaaaahhhhh, probably not.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Should be good! I had 2 powershift 1232's and they were awesome.

8. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a big ariens fan. They're built like a tank. I used a 1332 Pro. That Thing is awesome. One recommendation, what ever you go with I'd get a minimum 8HP. We get some heavy wet snow!

9. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

Yeah, Im pretty sure that the one Im looking at has a 10 horse and electric start. Its in great condition for 700 bucks.

On a side note, after shoveling snow by hand off of the roof of my in-laws house, I found out how heavy and wet the snow is there. lol

10. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I've never heard a complaint on any Ariens blower's build quality. I just picked up a deluxe 30, the only thing I'd do to it is add the front weight kit so it doesn't climb the front as much when hogging the really deep hard crap.

11. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

thanks, ill check them out too. I also just found a cub cadet 528swe for 250. I think I need to go find out why its so cheap when they go used online for over 650

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

These two guys are the smart ones! Ariens all the way! :cool:

13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

The powershift springs the axle backwards to solve front of the machine raising in the air. It's a slick system, and when engaged is very hard to lean on the handles and lift the machine. Not to mention the speed of the Toro is superior to most.

14. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

I was thinking earlier while looking at different blowers that my in-laws have a big orange beast. I had my wife call her folks and ask what HP it was. I had a feeling it was an ariens and it is. Its an old 12 horse. Ive seen that in action, so Im thinking I may have to go with one of those. Im watching a 13/36 on ebay right now. I doubt Ill find a used one around here. (Im still stationed at Fort Carson, Co.)

15. Indy

Indy Senior Member

does that mean the other guy is a dumb ask?:mad:

16. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Nope, just brand rivalry. I didn't know about the Toro Powershift Axle. Sounds like a sweet design, I'll have to look into one for my next blower. :cool:

17. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I've got a powershift as well, nice system although I never really use that blower much, bigger than what I need it for.

18. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

My friggin head is spinning looking at all of these blowers. I think I'm going to go with an ariens unless I find a great deal on a toro powershift.

19. bbahun

bbahun Junior Member
    from OHIO

Simplicity blowers are also very well built. The only other thing I would say is buy the brand that you have a dealer near by for support down the road(shear bolts, belts ect.)

20. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

OK dammit, heres another one. Its a john deere 1030. Its in excellent condition and I can get it for around 200. Anyone know if this is something I should jump on, or is it not worth my money. I looked at completed listings and they went for around 500 but is this good for commercial or just homeowners.